Saturday, July 9, 2011

In love with oxidized sterling silver

Ok, I'm totally obsessed with oxidized sterling silver now! I admit that I had stocked up too much sterling silver wire( damn the silver price is going up fast) and I had recently realized that I can never finish those wires. Well, I'm always up to trying new things and the market price of oxidized sterling silver is even more ridicules. That's when I decided that I'm going to oxidize my own silver wire and bring down the cost. And it came out better than I thought the first try! I had successfully oxidized 5 ft of 28 gauge wire and several earwires.

Time to make jewelry out of them!

I looked through my gemstone box and decided the white flashy moon stone will go perfectly well with the black wire. So here is is, a pair of beautiful moonstone flower wrapped in oxidized sterling silver wire and dangle from my handmade elongated earwire. This pair of earrings is extremely delicate and dainty. It hangs beautifully from your ears and the white and black forms the perfect contrast!

And there are also the simplest designs! Just the oxidized sterling silver wire wrapped briolette earrings!




And if you like my designs, please check out my shop on Etsy:
Or, you can also check out the mini shop gadgets in my blog here. In the mean time, please take a look at all the gorgeous shops from my fellow etsy sellers!
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment